SUBMISSIONS NOW CLOSED
Abstracts will be reopened for WSMRF 2019 in September 2018.
No revisions or changes will be accepted to submitted abstracts after the deadline.
1. All abstracts are peer-reviewed and ranked on the basis of scientific merit by experts in the category selected. The Program Committees use these rankings to develop the final meeting program. Abstracts submitted for presentation (whether or not selected for presentation) will be published at the discretion of the Regional Program Committees. The decisions of the Program Committees are final. Abstracts will not be reviewed if received after the deadline.
2. The committee will decide on oral and poster presentations. Submitter will not be given a choice upon submission.
3. AFMR requires a nonrefundable abstract fee of $75.00 to cover the costs of processing, review and/or publication. This is separate from the registration fee. You must register to attend the meeting if you are presenting an abstract. Include separate payment with each abstract submitted. Payment must be made by credit card (American Express, MasterCard, or Visa). No checks or purchase orders will be accepted.
4. INFORMED CONSENT AND DISCLOSURE: AFMR has adopted guidelines for conflicts of interest (see Clinical Research, Volume 38, Number 2, April, 1990). Investigators should consider and disclose potential conflicts of interest in connection with papers presented at the regional meetings.
Each abstract must comply with the following:
(1) personal responsibility for assuring that, at the time of the meeting for which it is being considered, the material herein will not have been published; (2) the material may have been presented at another regional or national meeting with a focused audience like a subspecialty meeting, such that the material will be new to the broader audience; (3) that if accepted, an eligible author is prepared to present it; (4) that any animal studies conform with the “Guiding Principles in the Care and Use of Animals” of the American Physiological Society; (5) that any human experimentation was conducted according to a protocol approved by an Institutional Review Board on ethics of human investigation (if no such Board exists, please state in a separate letter what standards were used to assess the ethical property of the protocol); and (6) that potential conflicts of interest will be disclosed at time of presentation of abstract. All potential
conflicts of interest should be detailed in a separate letter and sent via email with your abstract. Such information will not be available to the abstract review committee and will not prejudice review of the abstract.
Exception for WSPR Members only: The material may have been presented at another regional or national meeting with a focused audience like a subspecialty meeting, such that the material will be new to the broader audience of the Western meeting. A statement documenting that the material has been presented previously should be included in the conflict of interest disclosure described above.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Electronic Submission. All users are considered New and must Create
1. For the Western Medical Research Conference, please click here
Submissions Now Open
2. The first step is to “Create an Account”. Information is not saved from one year to the next. Click on the “Create an Account” link in the left side bar menu. During account creation, please bear in mind:
A. All fields with a red asterisk are required.
B. Your e-mail address is the primary method of correspondence. All system e-mails and other
notifications related to the meeting will be sent to this address. Please keep your e-mail address
C. The User ID and password that you create will be needed to log into the site after your account is created.
Your User ID must be at least 6 characters long and can be a combination of letters and numbers. User ID
and Password are case-sensitive.
D. The last step in creating your account is to request a “role.” For example, if you are requesting the
“Abstract Submission” role, you need only check the box and you will receive the role automatically. You
will then be able to submit an abstract by logging in, then clicking on the “Submission” tab at the top of
the page. If you are not the presenter, you must have all of their information to complete the submission.
3. Once you have logged in using your User Name and Password, click on the Submission tab at the top of page, then on the “Create a New Submission” link located on the left-hand menu bar.
4. It is recommended that you step through the submission pages in a methodical manner, going page by page and filling in the information as you go along, beginning with Step 1: Title/Body page.
5. The title must be brief and indicate clearly the nature of the investigation. The title should be entered in UPPERCASE letters. PLEASE DO NOT enter the title in mixed case. Abbreviations must not be used in the title.
6. Do not include authors or institutions in the body of your abstract. Type or copy/paste each section of the abstract body into their respective fields. On Step 1: Title/Body page, the body of the abstract must be separated into the fields designated as: Purpose of Study, Methods Used, Summary of Results, and Conclusions, respectively.
7. You must complete the Disclosure Statement on Step 2: Disclosures page. Please download the WMRC 2018 Author Disclosure Form PDF to assist you in gathering co-author disclosure information prior to submitting an abstract. The questions on this form are required for every author listed on the abstract. When you enter a co-author, there will be a link to enter their disclosure information and you cannot proceed with submission until this is completed on each author.
This form does not get up-loaded, it is simply an information gathering form.
8. There is a limit of 2500 characters for the text of your abstract submission. This includes authors, institutions, tables, images, abstract title, abstract body, as well as all spaces.
9. You may add as many tables as you wish. However, each row in the table will deduct approximately 50 characters from the character limit of 2500 characters.
10. Please enter all authors in the order they should appear in the heading of the abstract. Complete contact information must be entered for the Presenting Author and the Contact Author. Only name and email address are required for coauthors. If you (the Contact Author) are not the Presenter on an abstract, you will need to provide full contact information on the Presenter.
11. Enter all department and institutional affiliations. Department is an optional field. Only three (3) institutional affiliations will be allowed per author. You do not need to enter institutions in a particular order to be able to designate author affiliations.
12. Carefully check the proof of your abstract. Make sure all special characters and formatting is displaying properly in your proof.
13. If you have not completed all required sections/items you will not be able to submit your abstract. In the case of missing items, you will be prompted to enter the missing information. When all required information is entered, click “Submit” to submit your abstract. Payment is required to complete submission of the abstract.
If you encounter problems submitting your abstract electronically, please contact ScholarOne directly: Technical Support: 888-503-1050 / 434-964-4100 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technical Support Hours: 12:00 AM-8:30 PM ET Monday-Friday. If other questions arise, email email@example.com or call 734/699-1217 for assistance
Return to WSMRF Home Page
Return to WSMRF Home Page